Watch a replay of the event at facebook.com/LVGEA.
View Jonas Peterson’s presentation on ‘Unlocking the Value of Jobs’ here.
On Tuesday, Jan. 23, the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA) hosted the 2018 State of Economic Development at the Green Valley Ranch. More than 400 community and business leaders, as well as elected officials, were in attendance to gain insights on the big investments being made in Nevada through economic development and job creation, as well as the top projects heading into 2018.
Remarks were provided by former Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) Executive Director Steve Hill, new GOED Executive Director Paul Anderson and LVGEA President and CEO Jonas Peterson.
The event also featured a regional roundtable of city and county leaders who discussed how they are working to
advance new development and redevelopment throughout Southern Nevada.
Those in the regional roundtable included:
- Clark County Economic Development Liaison Phil Klevorick
- Boulder City Principal of Spatial Economic Concepts Mike Majewski
- City of Henderson Director of Economic Development Barbara Coffee
- Laughlin Economic Development Corporation Board Member Marty Knauss
- Mesquite Regional Business President and CEO Rachel Dahl
- City of Las Vegas Director of Economic and Urban Development William Arent
- City of North Las Vegas Director of Economic and Business Dev. Gina Gavan
Guests received a copy of the 2018 Southern Nevada Community Map and a copy of LVGEA’s 2017 Annual Report.
The 2018 State of Economic Development was made possible by Champion Investors: Cox Communications and Eastridge Workforce Solutions; Innovation Sponsors: Nevada State College and City of Las Vegas; and Development Sponsors: City of Henderson, Snell and Wilmer, Marnell Properties and Beasley Media Group.
To learn more about the #StateofEconDev, visit stateofecondev.com.